A mouth-watering dessert to make the whole family happy.
- 15-18 slices of day-old bread (slice pan or brioche or croissant…)
- 50 g butter at room temperature (plus extra to grease the baking dish)
- 300 ml full cream
- 250 ml milk
- 55 g Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 poached pears, base cut to stand up
- 50g sultanas – optional
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Spread the sliced bread with butter on one side and cut into triangles.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar, add the cinnamon, cream and milk, and whisk until combined.
- Grease a baking dish of approx. 2 litre / 4 pints capacity. Place the pears in the centre of the dishes or prepare 4 individual dishes each with a pear in it. Line the dish with the buttered slices of bread and scatter some sultanas too. Finish with the layer of bread.
- Pour the pudding mix over the bread and pear mixture. Leave for 10 minutes aside until the cream mixture has been absorbed.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until coloured and no more runny custard.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve warm with dollops of whipped cream.