Glenisk Organic Dairy has launched carbon-neutral packaging as part of its pledge to become carbon negative by 2022. To celebrate, they are sharing some mouth-watering recipes.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 120g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 120g Jumbo oats
- 350mls chicken broth or stock
- 20g grated parmesan cheese
- 50g Natural Yogurt
- 2 boiled eggs cut in half
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wide heavy bottomed saucepan or medium sized frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute until they start to turn translucent, then add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and scraping, until the mushrooms are moist and there's a little liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- Lower heat to low and add in the oats, then half of the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon.
- As the oats absorb the liquid and cook add a bit more add a bit more of the broth – similar to making a risotto, stirring the mix the whole time.
- When all the liquid has been added and the oats fully cooked, which takes approximately 10 – 12 minutes, add in the yogurt, cheese and gently fold until thoroughly incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 2 serving dishes and top with the sliced eggs and parsley.
- Recipe courtesy of Glenisk & Flahavan's