Kevin Dundon's blackened salmon with celeriac salad.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. chives
- ½ head celeriac root, finely chopped
- 4 x 150g salmon pieces
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp, cumin powder
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- ½ lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, shallot, garlic, chive, celeriac.
- Season with salt and pepper.Toss to coat and leave aside for 20 minutes covered with cling film until ready.
- Next, in a bowl, place the smoked paprika, coriander seeds, cumin, black pepper, chilli flakes, lemon zest, salt and olive oil and combine together.
- Coat the salmon portions with the mixture and lay on the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve on a bed of the celeriac salad.