This is a simple and luxurious salad with a few choice ingredients that really pack a punch.
- 1 packet fresh Irish chicken diced breast fillets, (350g)
- 1 tub of whipping cream (250ml)
- A large pinch of grated Parmesan (60g)
- I packet of baby cherry tomatoes (speciality tomato mix 300g)
- I packet rocket (85g)
- 1/2 cube of chicken stock
- Put the chicken into a saucepan and cover with the cream.
- Next, crumble in the chicken stock cube.
- Bring the cream to a gentle simmer and poach the chicken at a low temperature for approximately 12 minutes turning the chicken once or twice during cooking. (You can check to see if the chicken is cooked by cutting into the largest piece if you like).
- Add most of the grated Parmesan, all the tomatoes and some salt and lots of pepper and after a minute or so divide into bowls.
- Top with the rocket then scatter over the remaining Parmesan and serve.
Paul note: There's a lot of delicious sauce with this, I love to mop it up with some crusty bread but if you wanted to serve this as a pasta dish with some penne pasta that would be lovely too.