Light and creamy, this vibrant mixed berry fool is perfect for summer.
- 200g raspberries
- 200g strawberries
- 50g brown sugar + extra to decorate
- 50ml Elderflower cordial
- 1 lemon juice
- 200ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Place the berries, sugar, cordial and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-5 minutes or until the compote has softened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whip the cream to a soft stage and add some extra vanilla extract and icing sugar if desired.
- Add the compote to the whipped cream and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer into serving cups and place in the fridge to set for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve cold with a sprinkle of brown sugar.