Paul Flynn's Spring salad with feta cheese and mint.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100 mls of olive oil
- 1 small red chilli deseeded and finely chopped.
- A good pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 700g Petit pois peas - defrosted
- 1 red onion peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch mint, torn into small pieces
- 150g Feta cheese
- Bring a big pot of salted water to the boil
- Meanwhile, trim 3cm from the bottom of the asparagus, then cut the remainder into chunks, leaving the tips intact.
- Mix your lemon juice, olive oil, chilli and sugar in a bowl and add some salt and pepper.
- Put your asparagus and peas into the water and bring back to the boil as quickly as you can
- When just boiling, add the sliced onion, stir and straightaway drain through a colander.
- Run cold water on the peas and throw in some ice if you have it to cool them as quickly as possible.
- Shake off the excess water thoroughly and add them into the bowl with the dressing.
- Season then add the fresh mint.
- Serve in one of your best bowls with the feta cheese crumbled on top.