A creamy risotto recipe from Kevin Dundon.
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh thyme
- 350g Arborio rice
- 100g dry white wine
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 100g garden peas
- 100g goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Bring to boil a saucepan filled with salted water over high heat. Simmer the asparagus for 2 minutes to soften. Remove from the heat and set aside until required.
- In. a second saucepan, over a low heat, slowly melt the butter with the oil and add the shallots, garlic, thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until completely softened.
- Add in the rice and mix well. Stir while cooking for a few seconds to coat and glazed the rice without any liquid for 1-2 minutes. Then, pour in the white wine and again, stir until most will evaporate. Keep the heat over medium – low heat to maintain a simmer only.
- Now, gradually add the stock little by little and never adding the next ladle until the previous one has evaporated. It is vitally important not to rush this process but continue to add all of the liquid until the rice is plump and tender.
- Season this mixture now and add the garden peas, cooked asparagus, goat cheese and parmesan and if you wish to obtain a nice creamy risotto you can add some cream.
- Check the seasoning and serve immediately.