Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 225g dark chocolate
- 4 large fresh eggs
- 110g milk chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 100g self-raising flour
- 225g brown sugar
- 225g butter, chopped into pieces
- 75g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 110g white chocolate, chopped into pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a 22-cm square cake tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over simmering water.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Sieve the self-raising flour and gently fold it into the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts with the flour and mix well.
- Do not over mix as the air will be knocked out of the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook for 35-40 minutes until the centre of the cake feels firm on the surface but with an element of softness underneath.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly in the tin and then after a few minutes remove from the tin and cut into even sized squares. Dust generously with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream and chocolate sauce.