A lip-smackingly good dish for summery days.
- 500g minced beef
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. parmesan , grated
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 200g bacon rashers, diced
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes or passata
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. fresh herbs
- 500g dry spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, place the minced beef, breadcrumb, parmesan, spring onion, 2 garlic cloves and egg. Season and mix well. Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sear the meatballs, turning every 30-45 seconds until browned all over. Season well and remove from the pan. Into a side dish for a moment.
- Keep the pan on the heat. Add, over medium heat, the onion, carrot, the last 2 cloves of garlic, bacon and cook for 2 minutes or so.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and herbs. Return the seared meatballs in with the tomato sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- In the meantime, bring to boil some salted water in a large saucepan and cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss into the meatballs mixture.
- Serve with extra sprinkle of parmesan.