Kevin Dundon is back with a summery dish, packed with flavour!
- 4 x 200g striploin steaks
- 4 rooster potatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 corn on the cob, blanched
- 1 bag mixed peppers, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 100g butter, soften
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and preheat a barbecue over medium/high heat.
- Wrap each potato individually in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, until softened. Remove from the oven and transfer onto the barbecue for a further 15 - 20 minutes.
- Over direct heat, place the corn on the cob and peppers on the barbecue to heat up and char. Once they are charred move the vegetables to the indirect heat side of the barbecue to keep warm and finish cooking slowly.
- Brush the steaks with a little oil on both sides and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the barbecue and do not move for at least two minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to warm up.
- Turn the steaks over and cook for a further three minutes for rare.
- Spoon some butter over the steaks and the corn on the cob and rub to coat and flavour. The charcoal will flame up for a few seconds.
- Remove the steaks from the heat and leave aside for a minute or so to rest. Remove the baked potato from the barbecue and open each baked potato. Top with some crème fraiche and extra seasoning. Place on a serving platter and add the corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes and pepper too.
- Serve each steak with grilled vegetables and the baked potatoes.
- Enjoy while piping hot!
Recipe courtesy of Supervalu, see here for thousands of more recipe ideas.