On Today with Maura and Dáithí, Kevin Dundon whips up an easy flourless porridge bread, perfect for breakfasts!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 - 60 minutes
Makes: 1 x 2-pound loaf
- 400g Porridge Oats
- 2 tsp bread soda
- 1 tsp Table Salt
- 500ml Natural Yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 3 - 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp treacle
- 4 tbsp Mixed seeds, optional
- 2 tbsp Mixed Nuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 2-pound loaf tin with parchment.
- Place the porridge in a bowl, add the bread soda and table salt and stir to combine.
- Next add the yogurt, egg, milk and treacle and beat until well combined.
- Add the nuts and seeds and transfer into the prepared loaf tin.
- Level the bread and sprinkle with some extra seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the bread over on its side in the tin. Place the bread back in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the bread sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve within 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of Supervalu, see here for thousands of more recipe ideas.