On Today with Maura and Dáithí, Kevin Dundon whips up fish tacos with red cabbage coleslaw.
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 0.5 heads of lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 Red curry paste
- 4 Cod fillets, approx.120g each
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Limes - 1 juiced &1 cut into slices to serve
- 1 punnet of olive oil
- 0.25 Red cabbage, shredded
- 200g Irish vintage cheddar
- 100ml Sour cream or natural yogurt
- 12 Tortilla Wraps
- 1 handful tomatoes to garnish
- In a bowl, combine the red curry paste with olive oil. Rub the paste onto the fish pieces.
- Over medium heat, heat a non-stick frying pan and add the fish. Season with some salt and pepper. Fry for 5 - 8 minutes until cooked through. Turn off the heat, add a squeeze of lime juice over the fish and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the red cabbage, grated carrots, chopped onions, half of the lemon juice and mayonnaise and stir to combine. Keep covered.
- Next, prepare the yogurt dressing by mixing the yogurt, mint, coriander and the second half of lemon juice in a small bowl.
- When the fish is cooked through, bring all the ingredients to the table and let your family build their tacos using the tortillas, coleslaw, broken pieces of fish, iceberg lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and some yogurt dressing and lime wedges, scatter tomatoes as a garnish.
- Enjoy immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Supervalu, see here for thousands of more recipe ideas.