A delicious recipe to add to your repertoire.
- 1 large tub (500ml) of natural yogurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp. treacle (optional)
- 300g (12oz) of Flahavan's Progress Oatlets
- 2 tsp bread soda
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds (optional)
- ½tsp salt (optional)
- Place the yoghurt, beaten egg and treacle in a bowl and stir well.
- Mix the oats, bread soda, seeds and salt in a separate bowl, add to the yogurt mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Place in a greased or parchment lined 2lb loaf tin, sprinkle with oats and bake at180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 150°C / 300°F / Gas mark 2 and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- A sweeter version of this bread can be made by adding some dried fruits or you can use chopped sundried tomatoes and basil for a savoury version.
- To prevent the treacle from sticking to the spoon, coat it with oil before use.