A hearty and warming soup.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 400g carrots, diced
- 140g red lentils
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1200ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Glenisk Natural 0% Fat Irish Strained Protein Yogurt
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, celery and onion to the pan, reduce the heat and allow the vegetables to sauté.
- Once the onions and celery become translucent, add the carrots and allow to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the spices and lentils through and heat gently for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the pan to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid for about 20 minutes until the lentils have absorbed the stock and plumped up.
- Remove from the heat and blend the soup with a handheld blender or food processor to your preferred texture.
- Serving suggestion: topped with a dollop of yogurt & sprinkle of smoked paprika served with slice of Oat & Seed Yogurt Loaf.