Layers of thin, sweet apple cooked down in sugar and pastry make for a delicious and easy dessert.
- 1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry (275g)
- 3 apples, a sweet variety
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten with a splash of milk
- A little butter
- Set the Oven To 180 degrees (note do this in plenty of time). Keep the pastry in the fridge while you work.
- Peel, quarter, core and thinly slice the apples. Mix with 1 tbsp of the sugar. Grease a baking tray with the butter.
- Lay the pastry out on a bench with the larger side to the front of you (if you work quickly you will not even need flour). Brush the pastry with egg wash and then scatter the apples evenly over it, leaving room around the edge.
- Roll the pastry away from you as tightly as you can. Pinch the edges and bundle the parcel as carefully as you can onto the tray. Brush with more egg wash and sprinkle over the remaining sugar and put straight into the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes until golden and crispy.