Once made this recipe can be put in the fridge within 2 hours of cooking and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 200g pork tenderloin (well trimmed)
- ¼ reduced salt chicken stock cube
- 120ml boiling water
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade (15g)
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (or use one such as thyme or rosemary – 5g)
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 300g baby new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (5g)
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160C / 325F / gas mark 3.
- Cut the pork loin into 2.5cm cubes and put in a casserole dish with a lid (or if you don't have one use a small roasting tin lined with parchment paper and tin foil for the lid). Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the boiling water.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, stock cube, marmalade and herbs to the pork, stirring to combine. Season lightly with salt, (optional) and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the onion in half and peel off the skin, then roughly chop. Cut the peppers in half and remove and discard the cores and seeds, then cut into 2.5cm pieces.
- Cut the baby potatoes into quarters. Add all the vegetables to the casserole dish, stirring to combine and cover with a lid. Place in the oven for 1 hour or until the pork is piping hot with no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- Divide the Tuscan pork stew among bowls and scatter over the parsley to serve.
Once made this recipe can be put in the fridge within 2 hours of cooking and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Only reheat once either in a microwave or a saucepan or casserole dish with a lid over a gentle heat when ready to eat. It can also be made very successfully in a slow cooker – simply follow the instructions above and cook on low for 4 hours.