Prepare the pork chops and brush with the flavoured oil, then cover with cling film and store in the fridge on the bottom shelf for up to 2 days.
Serves: 2 (each serving contains approximately 470 kcal)
- 2 pork loin chops (well-trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil (10g)
- ½ teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 300g baby new potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 200g green beans
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium and line the grill rack with tin foil. Mix the oil in a small bowl with the paprika and season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush all over the pork chops and then arrange on the lined grill rack. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once or until piping hot with no pink meat and the juices run clear.
- Then transfer to plates keep warm in a low oven 110C / 225F / gas mark ¼ to rest for 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water over a medium heat and add a pinch of salt, if using (or use a two-tired steamer if you have one).
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until completely tender. Check by piercing a piece with the tip of a sharp knife it should go in with no resistance.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut into thin slices. Trim the green beans and cut each one in half. Steam the carrots for 5 minutes with the green beans tipped on top until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Check that the vegetables are cooked and if they are take the pork out of the oven with an oven glove and tip on the carrots and greens beans. Add the potatoes and serve at once.
Prepare the pork chops and brush with the flavoured oil, then cover with cling film and store in the fridge on the bottom shelf for up to 2 days. Prepare the carrots and green beans and keep in a suitable container ready to cook in the fridge for up to 2 days to save time before cooking.