You could use broccoli here if preferred instead of bok choy. This is a great all in one pan dish that can be brought straight to the table for serving.
Equipment: Wok or frying pan
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 celery sticks
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pak choi
- Small handful coriander
- Have a large wok or frying pan hot over a high heat Add the oil to the pan followed by the chicken and fry for a minute, tossing to coat in the oil and to colour on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking grate the ginger, thinly slice the celery and add to the chicken, cook for another minute.
- Roughly chop the pak choi and add it to the pan along with the hoisin sauce, ketchup, soy and Chinese five-spice. Add a splash of water and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Serve with a sprinkle of coriander leaves.