Incredibly moreish, this dish has bags of umami to tickle your taste buds.
Equipment: Saucepan, frying pan, small saucepan
- 350g (12oz) dried spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) spring greens, shredded
- 100g (3½oz) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp red miso paste
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 10–12 minutes, then drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots for 5 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the greens and a splash of the pasta water, cover and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Melt the butter with the miso paste and blend with 150ml (2/3 cup) of the pasta water until smooth. Add to the drained pasta with the greens. Serve with lots of cracked black pepper.