Nothing brings back the taste of summer better than grilled fish and a light orzo salad.
- 2 x brill fillets, skinned
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 25g butter
For the Smoked Salmon and Saffron Orzo:
- 2 large pinches of saffron treads
- 350g (12oz) orzo pasta
- 200ml (8fl oz) cream
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 225g (8oz) smoked salmon slices, diced
For the Brill:
Preheat a griddle pan. Add a little oil. Season both sides and place on the griddle pan. Add the butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
For the Orzo:
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil with the saffron.
- Tip in the orzo pasta, stir once and then cook for 12–15 minutes, until just al dente, or according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta well
- Place the cream in a pan with the lemon rind. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked orzo and simmer for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and stir in the herbs and salmon.
- Allow to warm through.
- To serve, use as required
This can be made up to 2 days in advance, covered with clingfilm and kept in the fridge.