A breakfast recipe from the Operation Transformation meal plan.
- 20g Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons rapeseed oil (7.5g)
- 1 small wholemeal wrap
- 1 tablespoon. black beans (drained and rinsed from a can or jar – 15g)
- pinch of sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 small tomato
- 1 egg
- 3-4 fresh coriander leaves
- salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Grate the cheese. Add one teaspoon of the oil to the frying pan and swirl it around. Add the wrap and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Scatter over the black beans and add the paprika. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese starts to melt and the bottom of the wrap has started to crisp up and is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, dice the tomato. Slide the quesadilla on to a warm plate and scatter over the tomato. Keep warm.
- Return the frying pan to the heat and add the remaining half a teaspoon of oil. Crack in the egg and season lightly with salt (optional) and pepper to taste.
- Fry until the white of the egg starts to harden and turns opaque. Using a fish slice/slotted turner, put the egg on the quesadilla and tear over the coriander leaves to serve.