A healthy breakfast idea from Operation Transformation.
- 30g porridge oats
- 150ml low fat milk (1.5% fat)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional – 2.5g)
- 1 tablespoon. chopped pecan or walnuts (15g)
- 1 teaspoon honey (5g)
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds (optional – 5g)
- Place the oats in a saucepan with the milk and place on the hob over a medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until thickened and creamy. Stir in the cinnamon (optional).
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over the nuts, then drizzle with the honey and scatter over the flax seeds (optional) to serve.
If you steep the porridge oats in the milk overnight in the fridge it makes them lovely and soft so that they cook much quicker. They can also be made the night before and reheated gently in a saucepan on the hob.