Donal's Sesame Brussels Sprouts
Equipment: 2 Non-stick sauté pan
- 130g Brussels Sprouts
- 4 spring onions
- 1 Thai red chilli
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Get a pan on a medium heat and add in the olive oil
- Slice the brussels sprouts in half and place them flat side down into the pan for 3-4 minutes. You're looking for them to go golden so don't be tempted to turn them! Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Slice the spring onions on the diagonal and add to the pan around the sprouts.
- Cut the butter into slices and add to the pan around the sprouts and spring onions.
- Slice up your red chilli and scatter into the pan, adding the seeds if you’re feeling brave!
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and give it all a good toss. Add in your water to ensure they cook through for about 3-4 minutes. This will also create a sauce for your spouts.
- In a separate pan, toast your sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a plate and scatter over the browned sesame seeds.