Apple Crumble with Salted Caramel Yogurt
- 120g plain flour
- 100g packed brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 8tbsp butter
- 4 cooking apples or Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tub of Glenisk Greek Style Organic Luxury Salted Caramel Yogurt (450g)
- Small pieces of caramel fudge for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease an ovenproof dish.
- To make the crumble combine the flour, sugar and 6 tablespoons of softened butter together using a stand mixer. The mixture will be crumbly but will come together when squeezed. Set it aside.
- Toss the apples in lemon juice. Heat a large pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan, then the apples and cook them on a low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the apples and place them on the greased oven-proof dish.
- Top the apples with the crumble mixture and baked at 180°C for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and before serving, add a dollop of Glenisk Greek Style Organic Luxury Salted Caramel yogurt and a sprinkle of caramel fudge pieces.
- Recipe courtesy of Glenisk