Christmas Pavlova with Salted Caramel
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 350g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 600ml Glenisk Greek Style Organic Luxury Caramel Yogurt
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 30g pecans
- Optional: 20g caramel pieces, 30ml caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Draw three equal sized circles on greaseproof paper and place onto three separate baking trays.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt in a large clean grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Slowly add in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue to whisk until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Spoon one-third of the mixture onto one each of the drawn-on circles on the greaseproof paper and flatten out to the circle shape.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 140C and bake the meringues for 1-1¼ hours, or until the meringue is crisp outside, but feels soft yet set inside. Switch the oven off and leave the meringue to cool down in the oven.
- To assemble the pavlova, gently peel the greaseproof paper off the bottom of the meringues. Place one of the meringue rounds onto a large, flat serving plate.
- Spread 200ml of the salted caramel yogurt on top and arrange 1/3 of the strawberries over the yogurt. Add another round of meringue and add another 1/3 of the yogurt and top with the strawberries. Add the final meringue round and top with the remaining yogurt.
- Arrange the strawberries, pecans and fudge pieces on the top, drizzle with the caramel sauce and serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Glenisk