These are completely irresistible and can be served hot or cold, so they're great party food and easy buffet fare. Hand around a separate dish for used cocktail sticks.
- 20 cocktail sausages (about 350g /12oz in total)
- 2 tbsp hoisin or plum sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/gas mark 6).
- Put the sausages in a non-stick roasting tray in a single layer. Mix together the hoisin or plum sauce, soy sauce, honey, mustard and 2 teaspoons of water in a bowl, then pour over the sausages, turning to coat.
- Bake the sausages in the oven for 15 minutes, then drain off any excess fat and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Cook for another 5–10 minutes, until golden and sticky.
- To serve, arrange on a warmed plate skewered with cocktail sticks.