Decorate with pomegranates, red currants, berries or edible flowers if desired.
- 227g Melted butter
- 60g Cocoa powder
- 15g Instant coffee
- 177ml boliling water
- 300g Granulated sugar
- 240ml Sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Self-raising flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Bread soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Mixed spice or 5 spice (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp any milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 100g Icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Butter generously and dust with cocoa powder (or flour) a Bundt cake tin or a cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, instant coffee, salt, and boiling water, whisk until well combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and bread soda. Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended. The mixture will be thick.
- Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended.
- Whisk in the sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan completely and then invert onto a serving platter. Let cool completely before decorating.
- While the cake is cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Dissolve icing sugar with milk, whisk until fully combined, whisk in cream cheese and vanilla. Whipping until completely smooth.
- Drizzle or pipe your cream cheese frosting on top of the chocolate bundt cake. Sprinkle some icing sugar for some festive magic! Decorate with pomegranates, red currants, berries or edible flowers if desired.