A festive recipe from Neven's Waterford Christmas.
- 500g (18oz) Brussels sprouts
- 250g cooked chestnuts
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp grated fresh nutmeg/ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp rapeseed
- 25g (1oz) butter, chilled and diced
- Peel off the outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts, then slice each one in half.
- Place the brussels sprouts in a pot of salted boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes and refresh under cold water.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan set over a medium heat. Put the sprouts in the pan, cut side down, and let them sizzle for 5-6 minutes. Dot over the butter.
- Add in the cooked chestnuts and cranberries followed by the nutmeg.
- Allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Season to taste and toss again before tipping into a warmed serving dish.
- Serve at once.