Festive and filling.
- 500g Gnocchi
- 200g Smoked Bacon, diced
- 500g Brussel Sprouts, cut in half
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms, broken into chunks
- 3 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Crème Fraiche
- 100g Mature Irish Cheddar, grated
- Salt and black pepper
- Place a pot of salted water onto the boil.
- Add the diced bacon to a cold pan and place on to a medium heat.
- After 10 minutes the fat should have rendered out of the bacon so the bacon will be lovely and crisp.
- Set the bacon and its fat aside.
- Place the pan on a high heat, when it starts to smoke add the rapeseed oil, followed by the sprouts and mushrooms.
- Keep tossing the pan until the sprouts begin to char. Once mushrooms are golden and sprouts are charred reduce the heat and add the gnocchi to the pot of water.
- Within a matter of seconds the gnocchi will be cooked. Remove the gnocchi straight into the pan with sprouts and mushrooms. Add the mustard and toss.
- Increase the heat and pour in 1 cup of the cooking water and bring to the simmer.
- Next, add the Crème Fraiche and season.
- Toss the pan and adjust the thickness of the sauce with more of the cooking water.
- Add the gnocchi to your serving plates and top with grated cheese.