Marmalade is such a great ingredient: it really boosts this most simple of dishes with its tangy, deep, sweet and citrus flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- good pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 x 350g (12oz) packet stir-fry pork strips
- 5 tbsp orange and ginger marmalade
- 200g (7oz) shredded greens, such as spring greens or baby kale
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion, garlic and chilli flakes for 5 minutes until soft.
- Move the onion to the side of the pan and increase the heat. Add the pork strips and fry until browned all over–keep stirring the onion to prevent it catching. Add the marmalade and 80–100ml (scant ½ cup) water and stir to create a sauce; bring to a steady simmer.
- Add the greens, cover and cook for 2–3 minutes until the greens are wilted and the pork is tender and sticky.