This is a fab veggie version of that comfort food favourite lasagne – just without all the pots and pans to wash up!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 courgettes, chopped
- 250g (9oz) cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g (7 oz) baby spinach
- 400g (14 oz) fresh pasta sheets, sliced into strips
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 80g (3 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 x 125g (4 oz) mozzarella balls, sliced
- Heat the oil in a deep, ovenproof sauté pan. Add the onions and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Add the courgettes and mushrooms, increase the heat and fry for about 5 minutes until they are lightly browned. Add the chopped tomatoes and 400ml (1¾ cups)boiling water and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Preheat the grill to high. Stir the spinach and pasta strips into the pan and, once the spinach has wilted,stir in the basil and two-thirds of the Parmesan and half the mozzarella. Scatter the rest of the cheese over the top and put under the grill for 3–5minutes until bubbling and oozingly melty.