A tasty dinner idea.
- 2 Fillets of Fresh John Dory
- 2 Rashers Streaky Smoked Bacon diced
- 50ml Fish Stock
- Drizzle of Rapeseed Oil
- 50g of Butter
- Black Pepper
- 40g Capers diced
- 40g Gherkins diced
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Parsley
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon with the fresh thyme in 30g of butter until a nutty brown butter is formed.
- Add the diced gherkins and capers and reduce from the heat to simmer. Add the fish stock and allow simmer while fish is cooking. Season with black pepper.
- For the John Dory, heat a frying pan and add a drizzle of oil, place john dory skin side down and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and add a knob of butter. Turn off the heat. Zest half a lemon over the fish and squeeze half the lemons juice over the fish.
- Add chopped parsley to the fish stock and serve this over the pan-fried John Dory.
Tip: Serve with salad leaves or boiled potatoes