If you don't have coconut sugar you can use light brown sugar here instead. Feel free to omit the cinnamon and ginger if it isn't your thing, it's great with or without.
Equipment: frying pan x 2, chopping board
- 4 small bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 25g sesame seeds
- 25g pecans, roughly chopped
- 25g almonds
- 200g greek yoghurt
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
- Bash the sesame seeds, pecans and almonds in a pestle and mortar and add to a frying pan over a medium-high heat and stir until toasted for 1 minute or so. Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup and stir to coat the nuts. Allow to cook for another minute.
- While the granola is toasting in the pan toss the bananas in the sugar and place onto the other frying pan along with 1 tbsp butter. Fry for a minute either side until caramelised and golden.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the greek yoghurt with the remaining tablespoon of maple syrup and the seeds from the vanilla pod. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the yoghurt into the base of a bowl, top with two banana slices per portion followed by the granola.