Warming nourishing vegetable and lentil stew. A hug in a bowl!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- A nob of ginger grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tspteaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery stick, finely sliced (about 120g)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes
- A tablespoon of tomato puree
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 2 courgettes cut into chunks
- 125gpuy lentils
- 100g spinach, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of yoghurt
- Handful of coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large heavy-based pan.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and cook gently for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, chilli, and ginger, smoked paprika, ground cumin and coriander, cook for a minute or two then add the lentils,carrots, celery, red pepper and yellow pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 x 400g cans of tomatoes, tomato puree, 250 ml vegetable stock courgettes and cook for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in spinach just before serving.
- Serve with brown basmati rice, a dollop of yoghurt and some fresh coriander, shredded.