This is an Indian inspired recipe, using Moroccan flavour and goodness.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 300g Chicken filet, diced
- 2 tbsp. Ras el Hanout
- 150g Green Beans, cut in 2 cm long pieces
- 220g Basmati Rice
- 600ml / 1pint Vegetable Stock, warmed
- 150ml Natural yoghurt
- 50g Flaked almonds, toasted
- A bunch of coriander
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chilli powder, cinnamon and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened then add the chicken pieces and continue cooking for a further 1-2 minutes until coloured.
- Add the Raz el hanout spices and toss to combine.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the flavoured oil.
- Pour in the stock then add the green beans, bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12 – 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Leave the rice to stand for 5 -10 minutes then pour into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and fresh coriander and drizzle with a spoonful of natural yogurt.