Kevin Dundon's Pork Chops with Apple and Mustard Sauce on Today with Maura and Dáithí.
- 500g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large onion
- 2 cooking apple
- 250ml cider
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 50g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the baby potatoes in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain then slice the potatoes into quarters and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with some oil and season well. Place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden brown
- In the meantime, heat a large pan until smoking hot. Rub the pork chops with some oil and place on the pan. Cook, turning as necessary until the meat is cooked through (cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chops; it will be cooked when the juices run clear when pierced with a sharp knife near the bone).
- When cooked through, add the onions, and apple. And continue to cook on medium-high heat until softened and lightly coloured.
- Pour in the cider, wholegrain mustard and bring to simmer. Cook for one or two minutes until the apples begin to break down a little and the liquid has reduced by half. Remove from the heat and add the butter. Swirl to combine.
- Serve the chops with the sauce and the baked baby potato pieces.