Creamy Mushroom, Bacon & Chicken Tagliatelle, a comforting and delicious supper for any season.
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 25g butter
- 100g bacon, cut into lardons
- 1 chicken fillet, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic-crushed
- 200g forest mushrooms, cleaned
- 100ml white wine
- 100g mascarpone
- 150ml cream
- 500g Fresh egg tagliatelle
- 50g mature cheddar shavings
- Salt & Pepper
- Over medium high heat, Drizzle a little oil in a large saute pan and add the butter.
- Add in the bacon lardons, chicken fillet pieces, onions, garlic and mushrooms, season with some salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, Stirring.
- Then, pour in the white wine, then add the mascarpone and cream. Allow the mixture to come to a gentle simmer for a minute or two, giving an occasional stir.
- Meanwhile add the pasta to a large saucepan of salted boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or as per pack instructions. Remove from the heat and toss the tagliatelle in the mushroom mixture.Season as required.
- Garnish with some cheddar shavings.