Get the BBQ ready, summer has arrived!
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. natural yoghurt or buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp. parsley leaves, chopped
- 100g baby salad leaves mix
- 4 to 6 pita breads or flatbreads
- Debone the chicken thighs and score the meat. Place in-between 2 sheets of parchment paper and beat to evenly flatten the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped garlic, cider vinegar, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, yogurt, oregano and seasoning.
- Add the chicken, and stir to coat all around the chicken pieces. Cover with cling film and leave to marinated about 2 hours minimum up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Combine in a large serving bowl, the tomatoes, cucumber ribbons, red onion, flat leave parsley and salad leaves. Keep aside until ready covered.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade on to a resting tray.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle pan to medium. Brush with oil then add the chicken on and cook for 3 – 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through (cooking time depends on the size of chicken).
- Remove the chicken from the grill onto a plate. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- When serving, warm the pita bread then fill with some salad, top with the chicken pieces.
- Enjoy immediately and don’t forget to give napkins!