A deliciously sweet treat!
Serves 6 -8
- 4 lemons zest and Juice
- 5 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 220g butter-cold, cut into small cubes
- 300g sweet pastry
- 200g mascarpone
- 500g strawberries, hulled
- 200g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fruit jelly or jam
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325/Gas Mark 3.
- In a bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, eggs and caster sugar. Place over a saucepan of gently simmering water and whisk continuously, by hand, until it thickens.
- Slowly whisk in the butter, piece by piece and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes until it thickens further.
- When the curd is cooked transfer to sterilised jars or a bowl and leave to cool for 2 hours. Or longer covered in the fridge.
- In the meantime, roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a fluted tart tin. Chill for at least 15 minutes to allow the pastry to rest.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper filled with baking beans and blind bake for 10 - 15min until the pastry is cooked and slightly coloured. Keep aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lemon curd and mascarpone until smooth.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with the raspberries and blueberries.
- When the pastry is cooled spread over a layer of the lemon curd cream and place the berries over.
- To complete the tart, in a small saucepan over low heat, mix 2 tablespoons of fruit jelly (or jam without fruit) with 1 tablespoon of water.
- When warmed using a pastry brush, brush the warmed jam over the fruit.
- Serve within a day and store in the refrigerator!