Extremely delicious and perfect for sharing.
Prep Time: 15- 20 mins / Cook Time: 20-25 mins
- 1 whole round Camembert (200 grs)
- 1 shop bought roll of puff pastry
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped - pan-fried until soft beforehand
- 4 streaky rashers - cut into strips and fried until crispy - I actually prefer pancetta
- 1 egg - whisked for brushing
- 1 potato peeled and parboiled - cut into slices
- Onion seeds/ nigella seeds for garnish
- Dressed green salad for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to get a round shaped pastry.
- Cut the cheese in half across the centre.
- Place the bottom half of the Camembert in the centre and using a knife cut the pastry evenly 8 times around. Using a mug cut the ends of the pastry into semi-circles.
- Place the onion and bacon into the centre of the cheese and top with the sliced potato. Place the other half of the cheese on top.
- Beat the egg and brush some on the edges of the pastry. Close the Camembert by folding up the pastry and press firmly for a tight seal one by one.
- Brush with the remaining beaten egg, sprinkle with the nigella seeds. Place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once golden brown and allow to sit for at least 20 mins before serving as the cheese will be volcanicly hot once out to the oven.
- Dress some nice greens and place on 4 plates. Cut the cheese parcel into 4 even quarters and place on the plates and serve.