Mini Easter egg cakes will delight the whole family this Easter.
- 350g sponge cake
- 150g cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Dark / milk or white chocolate
- Sprinkles to decorate
- In a mixing bowl, break up the sponge to a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla and mix to form a soft ball
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal sized balls and roll into an oblong shape and place on a tray and chill for 30 minutes.
- While these are chilling, melt your chocolate of choice and set aside.
- Using a kitchen fork, dip the chilled cake into the chocolate tapping to remove the excess and place on a lined tray and decorate with your sprinkles.