Karen's Pork Saltimbocca with Parmesan Roasties & Green Beans
- 1 large Pork Steak, fat trimmed off and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 slices of Prosciutto
- 8 sage leaves
- 5-6 tbsp of flour in a bowl for dusting
- 40g butter
- 150ml marsala
- 1tsp grated lemon zest
- Rapeseed OilBlack Pepper
- 8 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- Rapeseed Oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Place each of the pieces of pork in between 2 sheets of baking parchment and flatten with a rolling pin. You want it to be very thin but not to tear it.
- Heat a frying pan and when hot add 1-2 tbsp of oil.
- Lay the pork fillets on a board and place 1 slice of prosciutto on top of each fillet and 2 sage leaves on top of that. Using 2 toothpicks secure the prosciutto and sage in place.
- Season with a little black pepper before dredging in the flour and placing into the hot frying pan to cook for a few minutes on each side. Start with the prosciutto side up.
- Remove the pork from the pan when cooked and let it rest while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce pour the marsala into the frying pan and allow it to bubble, take it off the heat and whisk in the butter.
- Arrange the pork on a plate and spoon the sauce over.
- Parboil the potatoes for 5 mins, drain in a colander, place back in the saucepan with the lid on and give a good shake.
- Coat the potatoes with some rapeseed oil, salt and pepper, and place into a hot oven 200 degrees for 40-45 mins or until they are crisp and golden on the outside and fluffy inside.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle generously with fresh parmesan, toss well and serve.