Karen Coakley's rhubarb & strawberry crumble.
- 5-6 stalks of Rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup of porridge or granola (I used granola)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or Gas Mark 4. Lightly butter an oven dish.
- To make the filling, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, and sugar in a large bowl then transfer to the buttered dish.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is nice and soft.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or custard