"I love to eat this with some little roast potatoes," says Paul Flynn.
- 4 Duck Breast Fillets(700g)
- 1pkt of Cooked Beetroot (500g)
- 1 pkt of Curly kale (picked and washed)
- 100ml Rosso Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- A good Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tub of Creme Fraiche (200g)
- 1 large tsp Horseradish Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- A little olive oil
- Start by making your beetroot. Drain the beetroot juices into a pan; add the vinegar, sugar, and cinnamon. Bring to the boil and reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- Meanwhile, cut your beetroot into large chunks and fold into the syrup, season using lots of black pepper and set aside.
- Set your oven to 180 degrees, trim any excess fat from the duck along with the sinew on the flesh side.
- Drizzle a little oil on a roasting tray, season the duck and place on the tray skin side up for 10 minutes at which point turn the duck over and cook for another 8 mins. This will give you a lovely pink duck.
- While the duck is cooking in another pot mix the creme fraiche with the horseradish sauce and salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water up to the boil and cook the kale for 4-5 minutes, Drain and squeeze as best you can before adding into the warmed creme fraiche.
- Heat the beetroot and slice the duck leaving it to rest on some kitchen towel for a minute or so.
- Divide the kale between 4 warm plates and add the beetroot followed by the duck.