- 270g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 260g milk
- 2 eggs
- 40g melted butter plus some for cooking pancakes
Options for toppings
- A Gin (or without) Infused Fruit Berry Compote (berries can be bubbling away in stove and look colourful.
- Chocolate spread and glazed orange segments
- Creme fraiche with with strawberry jam
- And, of course, the lemon and sugar for the traditional ones with honey.
- Sieve the plain flour add the baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar & salt and combine.
- Whisk the eggs, add the milk and melted butter.
- Add the buttermilk mix into the dry ingredients in the bowl and whisk to form a thick batter. Pour the batter into a jug for ease of pouring.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add a teaspoon of butter. Once butter is melted pour some the batter into the centre of the pan (whatever size you desire) and allow to cook until air bubbles appear in the pancake then flip over to cook on the reverse side for 2 minutes.
- Serve with lemon for a traditional Pancake Tuesday.
- Great with fresh fruits and creme fresh