Serves 1 (contains approx 370 kcal)
- 30g wholewheat penne pasta
- 40g natural yoghurt (3% fat)
- 2 tsp pesto (10g – readymade from a jar or carton)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15g - extra-virgin olive oil for a stronger flavour)
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 20g mini mozzarella balls (about 2)
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt, if using and tip in the pasta. Give it a stir with a wooden spoon and then simmer for 10-12 minutes or according to instructions on the packet until just tender but still with a little bite.
- Meanwhile, put the yoghurt in a bowl and stir in the pesto and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt, if using and add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and cut the mozzarella balls into quarters.
- Drain the pasta and put into a bowl. Stir in the olive oil and allow to cool – this will help stop the pasta soaking up all of the yoghurt dressing.
- Once the pasta has cooled fold in the pesto yoghurt. Scatter over the halved cherry tomatoes and mozzarella, then roughly tear the basil leaves on top and scatter over the rocket leaves to serve.
This salad would keep very well stored in an airtight container in the fridge – just add the basil at the last minute as it will go black if kept in the fridge or leave out altogether. Bring along a knife and fork to eat with.