Serves 1 (contains approx 250 kcal)
- 100g lettuce (butterhead, Romaine, iceberg) or spinach leaves
- 60g cherry tomatoes
- 40g black olives
- ¼ ripe avocado (50g)
- 10g fresh basil or mint sprigs
- 1 tbsp Aoife’s vinaigrette salad dressing (15g - see recipe link)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim down the lettuce if necessary and whichever one you decide to use tear it into a bowl. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and scatter on top.
- Cut the olives in half, removing and discarding any stones and sprinkle them over the salad. Cut the avocado into slices, discarding the skin and scatter on top. Strip the basil or mint leaves from the stems and discard the stems, then roughly tearing them over the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Toss lightly to coat everything evenly and serve at once.
Put into a suitable airtight container and tuck the salad dressing alongside – if you plan to keep it for any length of time bring the avocado whole with a knife and prepare it just before serving. Bring a fork to eat with if transporting.