Makes 8 servings (contains approx 65 kcal in each 1 tbsp serving)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (30ml)
- 50ml olive oil (extra-virgin for a stronger flavour)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard (15g)
- 1 tsp honey (5g)
- 1 tsp snipped fresh chives (5g)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Use a garlic crusher to crush the garlic or the fine side of a box grater if you find that easier. Put into a screw-topped jar (an old washed out jam jar is perfect).
- Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, and chives to the jar and season lightly with salt, if using and add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Then screw the lid back on tightly.
- Shake hard until the dressing has thickened and emulsified. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week and use as required.
This dressing will last up to 3 days with the garlic and chives in it so if you want to keep it for any longer just leave them out.