Serves 1 (contains approx 330 kcal)
- 50g crisp lettuce, (such as little Gem or Romaine)
- 50g soft lettuce (such as butterhead or watercress)
- 175g vegetables (such as tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, button mushrooms, radishes or fennel – or use a mixture)
- 150g cooked turkey or chicken or 200g tuna or 300g prawns or 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp vinaigrette salad dressing (15g - see recipe link)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the two types of lettuce leaves and put into a salad bowl and season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Trim and thinly slice vegetables into bite-sized chunks, then add to the salad with the turkey or chicken or tuna or prawns or hummus.
- Drizzle over the vinaigrette salad dressing and toss lightly to coat before serving.
Layer up the salad in a suitable airtight container or screw-topped jar and finish with your chosen protein (turkey, chicken, tuna, prawns or hummus), then have the salad dressing in a small pot to add just before serving. Bring along a fork to eat.