Serves 2 (each serving contains approx 460 kcal)
- 2 pork loin chops (well trimmed)
- 2 tsp olive oil (10g)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 300g baby new potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 200g green beans
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium and line the grill rack with tin foil. Mix the oil in a small bowl with the paprika and season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Brush all over the pork chops and then arrange on the lined grill rack. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once or until cooked through and tender. Then transfer to plates keep warm in a low oven 110C / 225F / gas mark ¼ to rest for 5 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan half filled with water over a medium heat and add a pinch of salt, if using. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until completely tender. Check by piercing a piece with the tip of a sharp knife it should go in with no resistance.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut into thin slices. Trim the green beans and cut each one in half. Put the carrots into a saucepan fitted with a petal steamer and tip the green on top. Cook for 5 minutes until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Check that the vegetables are cooked and if they are, take the pork out of the oven with an oven glove and tip on the carrots and greens beans. Add the potatoes and serve at once.
Prepare the pork chops and brush with the flavoured oil, then cover with clingfilm and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Prepare the carrots and green beans up to 1 day in advance and keep covered with clingfilm in the fridge so that they are ready to cook.